Cleansers - Garnier Gentle Cleansing Milk

The third in the series, today I look at Garnier Cleansing Milk.

The company literature reads

Is Garnier Gentle Cleansing Milk right for me?
Yes, if you want a product that cleanses and tones – in one step. Formulated for all skin types, it removes all face, lip and eye make-up.
How does it work?
Its creamy formula blends a gentle cleansing agent with selected ingredients:
Mango extract to nourish and soften your skin.
Vitamin e to protect your skin.
Your skin feels soft, supple and fresh – without any oily film.

High Claims right? Let's see if it lives up to them
1. Cleansing: This is very, very good at taking off even the most water proof & toughest make-up. Water-proof mascara comes off without raccoon eyes, in a single step. It also seems to deep clean more effectively as compared to other cleansers. A lot of grime seems to come off my skin. This thing knows its job & does it well. I give it a 10/10 here.
2. Effect on skin: They come through on another promise: No oily film. Unlike the Himalaya cleanser that leaves behind an oily film. It makes skin very soft to the touch, but not oily. Very good for correcting mistakes while getting ready. Also this stings the eyes to a much lesser degree as compared to the other cleansers. It does sting, but very mildly. It is quite bearable. (although best would be something that did not sting at all) I give it 9/10 here.
3. Ease of application:

The method of use suggested is

  • Gently apply using circular movements on entire face, starting from the eyes.
  • Remove with cotton wool or water.
And it works quite well this way. Sometimes when I have a lot of make up on, I pour some of this lotion directly on a piece of cotton and wipe off the make-up. I don't like to liquefy make-up using a cleanser and then keep rubbing it on my face & pores. I prefer to incorporate this extra cotton step. The cleanser seems to deep clean and the face always looks radiant after use.

I give this 8/10 for ease.
Price: Rs. 55 for 50 ml.
Will I buy this again: Yes! Because it takes off even the most stubborn make-up, and is very gentle. Plus I don't have to deal with extra oiliness. I don't have to wash my face post use. I can just dap on some moisturiser & go to sleep.

Another major reasons is that Garnier always prints the entire ingredient list. Makes me trust them more as opposed to a Lakme or Himalaya that print only select active ingredients (read "fancy marketing terms")

Here is the complete list for Garnier gentle Cleansing Milk. (you can click on the ingredient list, it will take you directly to the wikipedia page where you can find out more about them):
Aqua / water, Isopropyl palmitate, Glycerin, Peg-100 stearate, Glyceryl stearate, Mangiffera indica / mango seed oil, Tocopheryl acetate, Arginine pca, Cetyl alcohol carbomer, Sodium hydroxide, Disodium edta, Xanthan gum, Quaternium-15, Methylparaben, Parfum / fragrance, Limonene benzyl salicylate, Hexyl cinnamal linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, Eugenol, Cinnamyl alcohol.

Total score: 27/30 (Leading by a huge margin right now)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

  1. I confirm this is a super good cleansing milk!! It's very mild for sensitive skin and removes dirts well! It also smells so goood (contains lily water and rose flower extracts)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that what it has at yr end? Here they have added Mango extracts & Vitamin E..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Companies allways change the composition of the products depend the country!
    Or perhaps it's not the same product mine is called garnier lait démaquillant anti tiraillement, cleansensitive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts