Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealor - Review
What it claims: Radiance & Antifatigue
Bourjois’ new Healthy Mix fruit-therapy correcting concealer smooths away dark circles and imperfections for a visibly rested and radiant look.
- Apricot > radiance
- Raspberry > micro-circulation
- Melon > hydration
Its exquisite and glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a natural result, with no marks.
Available in 3 natural anti-dull complexion shades, to reboost the complexion's radiance.
· Lets skin breathe, oil-free formula
· Dermatologically tested
Price: Rs. 460 for a tube of 10 ml
Expiration date: use within 3 years
I have this in the color – Dark Radiance (53)
1. This is a smooth, creamy, highly pigmented but light in feel liquid concealer. It blends in very easily and gives very high coverage as well
2. It gives an almost flawless look but looks very natural without looking heavy and made up. Even if you apply a little too much, it is easy to blend away
3. Does not cake up or crease and stays on for 3 to 4 hours. Does not dry out the under eye skin.
4. The packaging is good, the tube has a perforated opening which lets out a small amount – just as needed. And it is easy to carry and store due to its size
5. Smells nice.
1. Very small range of shades – and I think I have this in the darkest color – Dark Radiance – and this matches my skin tone exactly (just a shade lighter). I don't know why they have launched such a small range. Maybe they will expand but as of now the selection is very limited and finding your match is a matter of chance. (This shade is almost the same color as my skin - it is just one shade lighter)
2. Expensive: Costs a bomb at Rs. 460 for a 10 ml tube. But considering that you need to apply a very very tiny amount of this, it should last for at least 3-4 months
3. I have used this only on my under-eyes. I don’t know how it fares on blemishes. I prefer to use a harder concealer on blemishes so it stays put.
4. There is no ingredient list – so I don’t know how much of these fruits extracts it contains.
Will I re-purchase: Yes. Until I find something as good and cheaper.
I have been looking for a good concealer since some time, but nothing seemed to impress me. But this one is not only very easy to use but I also find it delivers on its promise. It is a little expensive, but when I consider that it works so well, and that a good base is the secret to good make-up, this seems worthwhile, unless I find a cheaper and better performing concealer. It is almost error proof because of its easy blending and high coverage. You will not end up with too much and it does not look cakey or weird at all.
It just blends in like skin.
I even got the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. Will put up the review for that next week.