NYX Concealer in a Jar (Glow) - Review

What they claim: NYX Concealer in a Jar is a lightweight, emolient-based concealer that hides imperfections and discoloration naturally -- without looking caked on or clumpy. Super concentrated so just a little will do the job.

Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, BHT, Microcrystalline Wax, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica, Butylparaden, Fragrance, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/ Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sequioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.
 
Price: Rs 500 for 7 gm tub

Where: Beauty Centre in Mumbai
 
Shade: I have Glow (CJ06): This is a light shade concealer with a pink undertone. But I do remember that the counter had another 2-3 shades other than this. One was Tan or Beige I think with yellow undertones.
 
Pros:
1. Very creamy, easy to blend texture makes it a dream to apply on blemishes on the face. But it is thick enough to stick and not slide off the blemish.
2. This shade matches me to a T. I really like the fact that it has pink undertones to it. Most concealers have yellow undertones to them, which don't look natural when I apply them on blemishes and areas around the chin and mouth. They tend to wash me out. But this one blends in and looks super natural.
3. Despite appearing matt, it is not drying at all on the skin
4. Covers blemishes very well - esp ruddy areas like around the nose and mouth
5. Lasts long. The coverage lasts for a good 5 hours, plus this is also useful as a eye makeup base. This doesn't melt or shift easily in the heat, or even cake and crease.
6. Very tiny tub - makes it easy to carry when travelling out of town, and equally easy to lose as well :-P
 
Cons:
1. I am really not sure how this performs under the eyes, coz I havn't used it there. Actually I didn't get this for the under eye area at all, where I  prefer to use Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer (no 53) around my eyes as that way creamier (it is a lotion, almost) and very easy to blend and dab around the delicate eye area plus it is more pigmented and has a yellow undertone.

2. The packaging in a screw cap tub is not very nice.
 
Will I repurchase: Yes, but only to use on blemishes and on areas like around the nose, mouth and chin, not underneath the eyes.
 
For swatches (of all 3 shades): Go here

Comments

  1. awesome review, T! I really like NYX products, I want to check out a few more. Will look out for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful review...I am going to mumbai in 2 weeks...and have no idea how and where to shop...could you plz suggest me a few places for shopping of makeup,clothes n accesories..thanx..and which NYX concealer would be good for the under eye area...:)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey great review!! I love NYX products. Hope this is available in Delhi coz it's not in DDun and if in Delhi I'll get it from there, it's quite near.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AOYV: Thks :)... I am not sure how this measures up to MAC & other higher end brands, if you use this do let us know if it matches to other HGs

    @Srish: I hope u have a good time in Mumbai.. For makeup you could visit new beauty centre and phoneix mills (lower parel).. For clothes & accessories, it depends on your budget & taste.. I find pretty good stuff at Inorbit mall in malad.

    For the undereye area I wld suggest u try NYX at the counter itself. I'm not really sure which amongst beige or tan will suit you.

    @Poohkie: :(

    @Rakhshanda: I think NYX is sold only in Mumbai. Hypercity in mumbai has a counter, maybe the one in delhi might have one.. Honestly I am not sure.. I can tell u only about Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great revioew..i havent found nyx anywhere in delhi sadly...its one of those great brands with good price points :(
    But i only apply concealer under the eye...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I basically need a concealer for under eyes so this might not be the best thing for me.The packaging looks cute.And yeah this one is easily available on cherry culture but there aren't any swatches which makes buying it a big problem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts