Lakme Fantasy Collection Cheek Artist - Review
What it claims: Get those dreamy rose-kissed princess cheeks. This multi-purpose stick glides magically over your cheeks for a natural blush. Feminine and fun, these colors blend beautifully on all skin tones. Pick from Peach Blush and Kiss of a Rose.
Price: Rs. 395 for 6 gms tube
Packaging: Tube with twist up format, additional clear plastic cap inside.
Available: All Lakme counters as part of Fantasy Collection.
What I liked:
1. The shade Kiss of a Rose - is very, very pretty. It is a deep rosy shade with a hint of brown (it is excellent for that English Rose kind of look - you know, like you just took a long walk in the country side) that makes it look very natural. Plus this is a matt shade - no shimmer - so it is great for daily office wear. The shade is a very universal shade for me - it would go with almost all eye looks.
2. The ease of application - this is in a cream format & takes about 30 seconds to set - so one has plenty of time to dab on the cream blush & then blend it in. The formula is very creamy & easy to blend even for novices.
3. Long lasting - the blush stays on for 3-4 hours, unless you have the habit of touching your face where you may wipe it off.
4. As with all cream blushes - the intensity is buildable. So you can go with a light flush or a deeper tone by adjusting the amount.
5. The quantity seems less - but it is not. It is 6 gms - the same amount as a NYX cream blush that is sold for 650/-. The length of the tube is a little smaller than a regular Lakme Enrich lipstick.
6. Tiny compact packaging makes it easy to travel with.
What I didn't like
1. Application is a bit of an issue - I don't like applying directly from the tube as I have some acne these days. I generally get some on my fingers & then blend it onto my cheeks.
Would I re-purchase: For sure. I love this shade. It is a neutral matt rosy shade - it is matt enough for office wear, but pigmented enough so that it won't fall flat. The cream texture makes it very easy to blend it & the shade is a pretty neutral one - most girls will be able to carry this off without looking overdone.
I was sent only this shade by the company, I liked it so much I thought of getting the Peach one also - only to find that it had a lot of shimmer. In fact it is a lot like Bourjois Lilas D'or #33 blush - a peachy pink shade with golden shimmer. Since I already have the Bourjois one I skipped the Lakme Peach.
Product sent by Company / PR for review, this is, however, is true account of my experience with this product.