Skip to main content

Yardley of London English Lavender Body Spray - Review


It is always difficult to review fragrances since our experience of them is very individual.  Even past childhood memories can affect your opinion of a scent.

It claims: In early June, Lavender fills the fields with rich, aromatic purple abundance; a magnificent scene that captures the true beauty of a glorious English summer day. It has a green hay-like sweetness and gives fruity aspects to perfumes. It blends with almost every other scent and is therefore widely used in the perfume industry.

A light refreshing, long lasting Body Spray. Our signature fragrance combines lavender leaves, neroli and clary sage with a heart of lavender oil and geranium, with deeper notes of sandalwood and tonka bean.

Price: Rs. 150 for 150 ml spray can. This is also available in a smaller 75 ml size in 6 different variants (English Lavender, English Rose, Red Roses, Lily of the Valley, Jasmine and Sandalwood)

What I liked:
  1. This is dominated by a scent from one particular flower – Lavender. This is a clean, powdery scent, coupled with lavender. Initially the floral tones kick in, but after a few seconds I can detect a spicy sharp undertone to this (must be the sandalwood I guess), that balances out the powderiness. It is, no doubt, a very feminine, very English fragrance. It will conjure memories of either your childhood or the English countryside (Pride & Prejudice comes to my mind) and makes me want to take a walk in the meadows. It is a classic, vintage smell, & I absolutely love it. 
  2. The price
  3. The packaging has been made tamper – proof with a spray lock to prevent use at shop floor level. The cap is sealed / fused with the body when unopened.
  4. I tend to match my perfumes to my attire.  So this goes perfectly with my ultra feminine dresses / tops, also this is imo, a day time fragrance. Perfect for use during spring/summer.
What could be better:  
  1. Staying power – it dissipates in about 4 hours
Recommended: for those on a budget, or for those who like ultra feminine scents. The scent is a homely, warm, slightly old fashioned scent (but old fashioned in a good way - like vintage). It is quite calming & reassuring for some reason. I absolutely loved this body spray & would definitely use this during the spring / summer with some very feminine dresses.  I want to try Lily & English Rose next :-)

Btw, do you guys also match your perfume to your outfit? Or am I the only one! :-P

Product sent by Company / PR for review, but review is true account of my actual experience with the product. 

Comments

  1. i have lily of the valley and the mellow green packaging is so beautiful! the fragrance is long lasting and feminine. one thing i love about these deodorants is the spray dispenser. gives off a dense yet spread-out (does that make sense?) spray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should get 1 for my self i think. My fav is lavender though. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even i recently reviewed this...i loved the lavender but hated the english rose scent...it was too flowery for my taste...! But lavender is clearly a winner..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried its testers but found the fragrances a little too powdery for my liking. But it dissipates, you say. Maybe worth a try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review.. I never thought of matching my scent to the outfit...too cool u do it :P

    Enter the Tangier Giveaway on my blog

    http://huesofpink.blogspot.com/2011/05/tangier-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt like it sumhow and it is lying on my desk after 2 spritz :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used yardley deos once...probably red roses or something but it was too strong for my taste...gave me bad headache whenever I used it...cant say same for lavender but I love their talcs...especially lavender...its very delicately perfumed...

    ReplyDelete
  8. lily of the valley and lavender are such faves.. i even use the lavender soap by yardley.. wakes me up, makes me nostalgic and remember a time when all older women would be smelling flowery and powdery , somehow reminds me of birthdays as a kid where every kid came with a mom who was all decked up, smelling strongly of powdery floral scents

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't usually match perfumes to my outfits, maybe because I like to keep only two sprays (one for regular/ daily use that's easy on the pocket, and the other a pricier one for special occasions). But my favourite scents are floral!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an award for you on my blog (http://huesofpink.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im a sucker for Lily of the valley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pride & Prejudice??!! This one sounds amazing!!
    Haven't tried ant Yardley prdts...might give them a go!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular posts from this blog

Reetha, Amla & Shikakai Home Made Shampoo - Weekend Experiment

Good Morning Lovelies, I hope your weekend was fun. Mines was, well, ho-hum, but anyways, we are not talking about that here (let’s save that cribbing for twitter).
I have been suffering from quite a bit of hair fall since some time. I have tried changing products to using intensive conditioning and the works. It stops the hair fall for while, but then it rears its ugly head again.
So on lark, & for lack of better things to do, my best friend & I decided to make some Reetha – Amla – Shikakai shampoo at home. This century old ayurvedic herbal concoction is reputed to not only strengthen hair, but also darken it and stop hair fall.
I got the 3 biggies from a local kirana store. All 3 are priced at 15 Rs for 100gms.

How to: Soak 5 pieces of Shikakai, 4 balls of Reetha  (Soapnut) & handful of Amla (Indian Gooseberry)  in about 500 ml of water overnight. In the morning, heat the mixture on gas till it just starts to boil. Let it cool, when lukewarm mash all the amla, reetha and…

Skin Care Myth: Sunscreen will stop you from Tanning

Image via Wikipedia I know I did a recent article on skin care myths (read it here), but I don't know how I forgot to mention this particular myth. In any case I think this warranted a post on its own.

Myth: If I use a suncreen regularly and religiously, I will not tan. 

Fact: This is a very simplistic statement. But before I bust this myth, kindly bear through a science lecture. This is to bring all readers of all backgrounds on the same knowledge level.



Lets define sunscreen (from Wikipedia):Sunscreen (also commonly known as sunblock or sun cream) is a lotion, spray, gel or other topical product that absorbs or reflects "some" of the sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation on the skin exposed to sunlight and thus helps protect against sunburn. Sunscreen helps protect only against direct DNA damage as it cannot dissipate UV as harmless heat.

The SPF of a sunscreen is a laboratory measure of the effectiveness of sunscreen — the higher the SPF, the more protection a sunscreen …

I made "Washed Ghee" at home and it turned out great!

Yesterday I posted about the importance of fat in our diet. While doing research for the same I came across the recipe for "Washed Ghee" or Shata Dhaut Ghrita (100 times washed ghee).

After I read about this miracle at home cream, it was inevitable that I would try to create this cream myself. All I needed apparently was some cow ghee & water.

So I made it last evening. And here is how it went.


For those readers who haven't read the earlier post: Hundred times washed ghee is prepared from organic cow milk ghee by washing it in purified water, repeatedly, 100 times in a copper vessel, using a specific prescribed method while chanting some mantras

This procedure transforms the ghee into a soft, cooling, nourishing, silky unguent that is used as a traditional moisturizer and anti wrinkle skin cream. It produces radiant and glowing skin, especially for people with easily inflamed skin. It can be used as a daily face and body moisturizer or for facial massage. Apply it for…